Fish Or Man

Monday, June 06, 2005

Sentencing

Been out of town. Yeah, I had access to the internet, but just didn't feel like posting. In fact, I still don't.

I visited many great friends. Spent nights along the river. Created things. Destroyed things.

One of my best days in the past two weeks started at 5 am. I went for an hour jog, ending with a dead sprint around the local football field/track in 1 minute 13 seconds. At 6 am I sat on the back porch watching the river fly by. At 6:30 am I jumped in the hot tub and continued watching the river. At 7:30 am I climbed back in bed with my wife.

Ok, for those that care, I was sentenced June 2nd. It amounts to $500 fine, $250 deferred. 90 days in jail, 90 days suspended. Deferred jail time and money is on condition that for 12 months I have no future criminal offense. This entire sentence will not take effect unless I lose my appeal, (sentence stayed upon appeal).

Yup, I have filed my own appeal and "designation of record..." The SAF haven't stepped up to the plate, (in fact, they appear afraid to even return a phone call). Not at all a surprise, but still very childish.

I did have a letter from the SAF when I got home last night, of course, it was only for another fund raiser. Meanwhile, somewhere in America another unconstitutional "gun law" was applied to an otherwise law abiding gun owner. A gun owner who will bow his head, cry for America, and then take the plea deal. I am finished.