Fish Or Man

Friday, May 06, 2005

Guilty

I was given the missing discovery 20 minutes before trial, I was asked if I needed more time to look at the additional evidence. I said, yes. Judge said you can listen to the recording again, "what do you need, another 15 minutes?" So, the jury trial took place. In picking the jury the prosecutor removed the three that admitted to being pro-second amendment.

Anyway... sentencing is scheduled for June 2nd at 9am. In the meantime, I will be working on the appeal process, (thirty days to file notice of appeal and get the ball rolling). Still a question if the 2nd Amendment Foundation will help with the appeal... (they told me to call back if I was convicted).

Tired... long day and I've got 3 1/2 hours till home.


Update: This is the verdict from the Ellensburg City charge, brought from the June 1st, 2004 citation of carrying a gun in Fred Meyer, (Details here). The Spokane charges, dealing with carrying the gun in a vehicle and wreckless driving, ended a couple months ago with a plea deal, (reduced from the two criminal charges, to two traffic infractions).